The days of delicious desserts, amazing weather, and long hugs are upon us! The season of love is here with all its enthralling days and mesmerizing ways. The entire world comes together to celebrate the feeling that is core to all human emotions. Such an amazing occasion deserves all the attention it gets and even more! A whole week is dedicated to the celebration and it is a wonderful opportunity for you to shower the love of your life with presents and surprises.
Now a surprise must not always consist of expensive gifts and expressive letters, if your partner is a sweet lover then nothing can beat the surprise of a delicious dessert. Now to go on with this preset you can either order Valentine cake for them or you can go a step ahead and bake a delicious valentine themed cake for them. If you ask us, nothing says love like a cake made of juicy strawberries, and nothing tastes better than a lovely eggless strawberry shortcake! So if you wish to give your partner a toothsome smile for this valentine, then follow our easier than ever eggless strawberry shortcake recipe.
- Servings : Six Mouthwatering Servings
- Prep Time : 35 Mins.
- Bake Time : 15 Mins.
- Total Time : 50 Mins.
To make this popular cake, you will need:
- 220 grams of all-purpose flour
- 40 grams of castor sugar
- One tiny teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of chilled whipped cream
- Just a pinch of salt, you can add more if you like but it’s not advisable to
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- Two whole teaspoons of baking powder
For the Strawberry filling:
- 500 grams strawberry
- Three full tablespoons of sugar
After gathering all the ingredients, put it all on your kitchen counter and get to work on making your valentine extra special.
- First thing first, macerate Strawberries. For that chop the strawberries, pour them into a bowl, add castor sugar into and mix them well to coat all the strawberries with sugar. Now cover the said bowl with clear plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Next, to make your shortcake dough, take a bowl and add- all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and caster sugar into it. Then take the unsalted butter stick and cut small cubes into the bowl. Start mixing properly with your hands, now mixing the batter with your hands can cause the butter to melt to it is advised that you refrigerate the said batter for at least 15 minutes.
- Now, take your whipping cream and divide it into two parts, and mix it into the said batter one after the other. After mixing the whipping cream, add vanilla extract and keep mixing until you get the dough. Remember do not knead the dough. If you think the dough is too dry, add a little cream and mix again. After getting that desired consistency, wrap the dough in clear plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- After your dough is ready let’s make the shortcake, take the dough out, sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter, put the dough on it, and spread some flour on top of it as well.
- Next preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 395 degrees Fahrenheit for almost 15 mins. Now roll the dough into a rectangle, well rectangular as you can make it actually, now fold the dough and roll again into a rough rectangle. Keep on repeating the process until you get a rectangular dough that is about ½ inch thick.
- Now take a round bowl with sharp edges or a cookie cutter and cut out the pieces. Remember not to twist the cutter or else the cake won’t rise. As you are through with the dough, gather the scarps and cut some more.
- Now, place the cake pieces on a baking tray, cover them with clear wrap and refrigerate it for about ten minutes. Then bring the cakes out and sprinkle some dry powdered sugar on top just for garnishing. Then bake them at 200 degrees celsius for around 15 to 20 minutes until they turn slightly golden. Once done, let them cool of a little.
- Once they are touchable, pull the cakes apart one by one. Bring the macerated strawberries out of the refrigerator. Now put the bottom half of one cake on a plate, cover it with whipped cream and garnish it with macerated strawberries. Then place the upper half on top, put whipped cream and garnish with macerated strawberries. You can also dazzle some strawberry juice residue of the maceration. Repeat the process with all the shortcakes and your delicious cakes are ready to be devoured!